Thursday, October 16, 2014
3:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Get in the Halloween spirit by making a Witch, Cat, and Ghost peg doll, or anything else you can dream up! This event is for grades 5 to 8. Call (408) 866-1991 to sign up.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Today we are celebrating cars by creating a cool craft. All materials are provided. Come have fun with us.
Saturday, October 25, 2014
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Create your own spooky creatures. Get creative with foil, metal, plastic, and more as you create your own Halloween art project. All materials are provided. Come have fun with us.
Enter your user name and password and click on the Login button.
How Summer Reading Works
Register from June 1 through August 17. Continue reading and keeping track of your reading log until August 31.
Kids ages 0-12
may register for "Fizz, Boom, Read!" Explore, experiment, invent, and celebrate science, all while reading and enjoying the many events and programs at your library this summer. Signing up for summer reading is easy, and can be done either online or in person:
- Once registered, begin reading or listening to your choice of books.
- For parents with Pre-readers (ages 0-5) be sure to pick up our specially designed reading log that offers 10 suggested Early Literacy activities along with a Mother Goose Rhyme Time flyer that you can do over the summer with your young child.
- Keep track of what you've read with our online or paper reading logs.
- Visit your library to discover what prizes you can earn by participating in Summer Reading!
- You can also register as a family. To do so the parent / caregiver should register first themselves under the adult tab, and then add each family member. You will need only 1 user name and password for the family.
|By reading and logging at least 5 books, kids in 1st - 8th grade can also enter a drawing for an iPod shuffle.* |
You must be registered online, providing contact information, to be eligible for the drawing.
Children who join the summer reading program at their public library keep their brains active, entering school in the fall ready to learn and succeed.
Be sure to remind your parents and siblings that they can sign up for Summer Reading too!*
SCCLD staff are not eligible for the drawing.